Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's official: Technology and marketing make me sick

Not for nothing, but I have the flu. Achy, queasy, my skin hurts, I have a fever, and I am extremely emotionally oversensitive. Simply looking at my dog makes me want to cry, and she's pretty cute.

Would I be this sick if I didn't work for some of the two biggest pressure-cooker industries around? No. I don't think so.

A few years ago, when I was aimless in terms of career and most other stuff, I was perfectly healthy. I was staying out all night partying, participating in some questionable activities, making practically no money, and I NEVER GOT SICK. I never slept, either. And my skin looked great.

Now, I sleep 9 hours a night, which means no more being out after dark. I make pretty good money. I don't do anything questionable (see first sentence, above), and my skin looks like crap, and I have the flu.

It seems tragically unfair to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment