Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dear A,

Happy birthday!

It's a hell of ride, huh?

Remember back in high school when we got locked out of my mom's house and had to break in through the window, destroying the screen, and left her a note telling her to write it off to the exuberance of youth? Remember how that worked, and she wasn't mad?

I think that even though now we're both past the 40-year mark, we can still do that. We can still write everything off to the exuberance of youth. The trick is to still do stuff that requires writing off. So it's a good thing you're coming to visit, because we need to figure out what that stuff is now that our moms don't really care what kind of trouble we get into.

I know I gave you the life-gets-better-after-40 talk the other night. And it's not bullshit. I mean, some of the wheels fall off, but I think you come to realize that you don't need those wheels to get around anyway. You can turn on the jet propulsion instead and go much faster.

So here's to the wind in your hair. I love you. So much.

xo
Hollie




2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Hollie. Love you too. Lots. And who needs wheels anyway?

    ReplyDelete