Saturday, October 16, 2010

30 consecutive days of yoga, day 18

I can't help myself. Please forgive me.



Okay, now that I got that out of my system, I'll tell you that though I had reservations about going to a strenuous class today, I'm glad I did. Most of the time, the shivasana is really short at the end of class. It's almost like the time gets away from the teacher, so the shivasana gets shuttled for the most part. It's the hardest pose for me to do, and I believe it's probably the most important (for that very reason.)


So I was thrilled today to have an actual 5-minute shivasana. It was absolutely lovely; my mind floated on fluffy white clouds. Time stood still. It was effortless, which I think is what you're aiming for when you're imitating a corpse. 


And by the way, we Jews think that the number 18 is very lucky. It's the symbol for life. 


What happened: Like. Like like like.

No comments:

Post a Comment