Friday, October 22, 2010

30 consecutive days of yoga, day 24

Today was the apex of my crazy schedule this week, with my parents' arrival in Boulder for a quick weekend trip. It wasn't easy to find the hour to get to a class today, but I did. It was completely packed, really hot, and the most physically challenging experience I've had so far. Which wasn't the fault of the instructor at all, though the poses weren't a cakewalk. 

I love balance poses, like dancer, eagle, flying eagle, half moon, and especially tree. I find them extremely relaxing and usually feel like I can stay in them indefinitely. But today I was totally wobbly. My legs did not feel like my own in the balances leading up to tree. Funny, though, once I got into tree, I rooted down and settled down almost immediately.



Oh, and for whatever reason, camel is no longer a problem. At least today. We'll see about tomorrow.

What happened: I learned that being right next to the door means a blast of cool air every 20 minutes or so. Is that cheating?

No comments:

Post a Comment