Monday, October 18, 2010

30 consecutive days of yoga, day 20

2/3 complete, my friends. It's hard to believe I've done anything at all for 20 days in a row. I do not have what you would call staying power, typically. I'm a great starter, as I discussed with a pal last weekend, but I lack the wherewithal to follow through. I am feeling optimistic. However, I have a tradeshow this week, and then my parents are coming to visit this weekend, so scheduling will become even more of a challenge. And, mom, my house might not be as clean as I'd like it to be for you. Sorry in advance.

Anyway, today I again met with my resistance to camel pose. 



heh heh
It's a heart-opener, and it's really not that challenging. At least, it didn't used to be for me. But now every time I stand on my knees and start to bend backwards, I get queasy and dizzy. I sweat. I feel panicky. I'm not sure if this is because I'm exposing my belly and heart, or if it's because I'm afraid my noggin is going to fall off the end of my neck. Both of these are valid theories. I would welcome any others, as well as any advice (except for, you know, don't do that.)  

What happened: The bod says no to forearm stands as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. How interesting that this pose used to be so easy for you.

    Maybe you're just too antsy to get to shivasana?? Did I spell that correctly?

    Did I sound like I perhaps knew what I was talking about?

    Great.

    I'm still in awe of your will power to do this. I don't think I've done anything for 20 straight days either, except for complain.

    Zoƫ

    ReplyDelete